Sunday, November 6, 2011

Lieutenant General Floyd

Our family went to visit my brother Rusty who is home resting and relaxing on his mid tour deployment from Afghanistan. Richie and I stayed with my brother at his house on Fort Hood. For convenience purposes we borrowed my Mom's SUV since her vehicle is authorized to go onto post. When going onto Ft Hood you have to pass through security. Richie thought because my Mom's vehicle had proper stickers on the windshield we could go through the express lane and just zip on through with out being stopped by a Military Police (MP). Not exactly how it works.:-) We approach the gate and the MP is looking in the vehicle. Richie rolls down our window and the MP immediately apologizes to Richie and salutes him and Richie salutes him back and we are free to enter Ft Hood with no questions asked. I say to Richie, "what was that all about?" Richie says, "I think he thought I was an officer or someone else." My brother Rusty's theory is; the MP thought Richie was the Commanding General of Ft Hood. So here is a picture of Ft Hood’s Commanding General, Lieutenant General Cone. I think they look similar, although Lt General Cone looks a little bit older then Richie, but to Richie’s credit it was dark out when we went onto Ft Hood. I thought it was worth sharing.:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment